Wednesday, March 10, 2010

a poem for you

This poem was written for my mom, by a good friend, on her birthday. It meant a lot to her so I wanted to post it on our blog in memory of my grandma who went to be with Jesus in October of 2009.


Last night as I lay sleeping

This scene came to me;

I was told to write it down

For you to read and see.


It was all about your Mother

And the love she feels for you;

She wants you to understand

That her love is ever true.


Even though she is in Heaven

And you are here below,

She watches you day and night,

Where ever you may go.


She is so proud of you, her daughter,

Love twinkles in her eyes

Though death has taken her body,

This Love will never die.


So today, on your birthday,

She sends all her love to you

And all good things and wishes

Heaven has to offer too.


She knows our Lord has a place for you

And she's busy as can be,

Straightening up and doing things

For you, beloved daughter, to see.


Should it be a year, or two,

Or maybe thirty more,

Your Mother's waiting with so much love . . .

She'll be with our Savior, to meet you at the door.


my mom with Braedyn (newborn)


Braedyn's great grandma Brandt . Getting to know each other.


4 generations sharing in the bliss of a new baby.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: