Friday, April 07, 2006

The funniest thing happened tonight. After I picked my parents up from the airport from their trip to see my sister in Manilla, Phillipines, Talisha and I decided to go to grab a quick bite to eat at QDoba since it was next to a Kinkos where I needed to fax something. Well, we pull up to QDoba and Talisha tells me that she sees some friends of ours from our church inside. So we go in and go over to their table to say hi. As we set Braedyn down for them to see, the people in the next booth ask us how old he is, as they have a baby with them. They look familiar to me, but I can't place them until one of them recognizes me and we figure everything out. Anyhow, as it so happens these two people were Debbie Marshall and her daughter in law Kay Marshall (I apologize if I'm mispelling names). Kay's baby (and her husband Jason) is 2 weeks old about. So here's the fun part, how we know each other, and how these two babies are sort of close to being related! So Braedyn's dad, Michael, has a sister named Michelle, who is married to Barry (they have three kids, Stevii, Davis, and Jaron) whose half brother is Jason and wife Kay are the parents of Darrington Gates Marshall (pictured here with Braedyn). Debbie is Barry's step mother who was at QDoba with Kay and Darrington Gates Marshall (who goes by Gates). Jason and Kay just happen to live a few miles away from us here in the North Metro Denver area, and Jason and I work about a block away from each other!

Well, I'm utterly confused by the whole thing, but it was a rather odd meeting as I had just picked up my parents from their trip to see my sister who I promptly called to tell the exciting news!

So enjoy the picture of these two, not quite related, baby boys, who we'll call distant cousins just because it is too confusing otherwise. Braedyn is 6 weeks old here and Gates is about 2 weeks, they weigh about the same weight and are both sound asleep.

  Posted by Picasa

No comments: